[OM] travel

Subject: [OM] travel
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:41:19 -0500
Travel with one camera/lens? You're joking, of course!

As I have said before, I most always travel with the XA in my pants pocket,
loaded with Tri-X. If I had to, that would be the last to go.

The 35-105 is a good idea, but I think the IS3 would be better. Yes, it has
it's faults, the arthritic autofocus mainly, but it is a great travel
camera. That, and the little Ricoh P&S with the 28mm lens would be ideal.
I've also traveled with the Prego 90, the Xpan, and the OM4 with the 28-48
only. All three have their place.

Better, though, would be the OM4, 28-48, and 85/2. There's a simple,
lightweight kit that would do one proud. and basically as small and quite a
bit lighter than the Contax G2 that I used to own. I even held the 4 next to
an M6 once, and you would be surprised!

Bill Pearce