Re: [OM] Lens and Film Testing

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens and Film Testing
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:04:30 -0600
At 10:58 PM 9/28/2002 -0700, AG Schnozz wrote:
>I finally got around to doing some controlled film and lens
>testing.  I wanted to make sure I knew exactly how Ilford Delta
>and DDX chemistry were rendering gradients and tonal scales.
>Needless to say, I'm now completely satisfied.  Took a new
>processing tank to accomplish it, but let's just say that Delta
>100 has now found a permanent home in my camera bag.

Well, can't comment on the lens testing (always found the "debate" between
silver-nosed and other Zuikos kinda boring, really), but yeah, the Ilford Delta
series of films ROCK.  I'm not a good processor of said films (too sloppy --
character flaw), but even I could tell the difference between it and other B&W
films I've processed in the past.  Ilford's DDX chemistry for these films is a
must, too.

I've always loved you, Ilford.  Please don't stop making film...

Garth