[OM] plastic beater lens

Subject: [OM] plastic beater lens
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:11:24 -0300
I picked up these on epay recently. I thought maybe I could disect them and
learn something, and maybe salvage a few screws I need, like the little ones
that stop a lens from mounting on too far. Also I thought I might salvage
one for a beater zoom lens, like when you want to mount one on a beater body
to throw in the canoe. It turned out all 3 were quite easily repaired, work
perfectly, and look like new except for the one missing the cosmetic ring on
front. Now what do I do with 3 beater zoom lenses?
But I did learn something, "Don't even think of giving up your metal Zuikos
for new all plastic lenses!" This was my first time for working on a plastic
lens. Definitely not near the quality. Are the plastic name brand lenses any
better built than these? I'm also suspecting the newer plastic camera bodies
are similar??
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1380406306&ed=1032315469&s

Wayne