Ree: [OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known")

Subject: Ree: [OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known")
From: Rick <R.Adshead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:42:18 -0400
At this website under the heading Sinarcam 1, the picture shows it with the
24 shift.
-----------
Larry,

I would not have suspected them of promoting this lens but whaddya know??

Actually, I used the Sinarcam with a Leaf back and my 21mm Zuiko with great
results. The Leaf Volare and Cantare are the same physical size as 35mm film
so a good wide angle view is available if you have a wide enough lens.

Sinar has just announced an exclusive deal with Kodak in which they will get
to use a new Kodak 22 megapixel chip in their new Sinar back. It will be
about the physical size of 645 film, but will cost megabucks.

...and so it goes. The "bigger is better" theory sells lots of equipment but
those who REALLY know  will continue to use the tool that is appropriate for
the job. The 6 MP digital backs available now easily produce stunning 16x20
(and up) enlargements and many (including Olympus) realize that this is
enough for a large market.

Regards,
Rick