Re: [OM] Wedding day redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Wedding day redux
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:22:11 -0500
At 09:04 9/16/02, AG-Schnozz wrote:
>Is this Stroboframe the flip-flash type or
>a camera rotating version?

Camera rotating version. Works great--except:

[snipped out mods and consequential handling from them]

I have a Newton that rotates the camera. Has a handle on the left with its lower end canted forward for a more ergonomical holding position. Also has a cable release built into it. Focusing and rotating is done with the right hand along with advancing the film. Doing all that with the right hand takes a little getting used to, especially when focusing and shutter release are normally swapped without the bracket. Didn't find it all that cumbersome though. Newton does make a special step-down that can be used if the camera body has a winder bolted onto the bottom. Allows rotating the camera without hitting the frame with a module in the hot shoe. Also keeps the lens centered under the flash head. Does Stroboframe have something similar that would allow you to lower the camera position in the rotating mechanism when you have the winder attached? Been thinking about doing this with my Newton and using the Winder 2 with it to eliminate the right hand winding task.

-- John