Re: [OM] Wedding day redux

Subject: Re: [OM] Wedding day redux
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:04:35 -0700 (PDT)
>Is this Stroboframe the flip-flash type or
>a camera rotating version?

Camera rotating version.  Works great--except:

I ended up reversing the bracket so the handhold is on the
right-hand side.  This way I can focus with the left hand and
shoot with the right.  I've been experimenting with a remote
trigger on the handle which fires the winder.  Unfortunately,
when the bracket is reversed (so the camera rotates away from
the handle, not towards) the balance is messed up so it won't
set all balanced like on the ground.

I had to reverse the bracket because of the flash's dedicated
module resides on-camera.  The "blob" sitting on the prism would
interfere with the handle and prevent normal rotation of the
camera.  Removing the winder helped, but that reduced the
effectiveness of the system.

For the formals, I had the radio trigger attached to the bracket
which all made life pretty easy.  First wedding with the radio
triggers (many thanks to a fellow list member) and they proved
to be exceptional.

All these improvements really did make the wedding ALMOST fun to
shoot.

AG-Schnozz