[OM] Re: scam off OM topic

Subject: [OM] Re: scam off OM topic
From: "Benson Honig" <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:13:55 +0200
I get these every couple of weeks. Last week I enthusiastically
replied, giving them my fax and phone number. I figured, maybe it's
worth draining their resources. I actually got a call from South Africa
today - 3 in fact - from Dr. Mundaba or something!  I kept just
repeating to him "any way I can help, any way I can help"...the rest
of the sentence would be more like " to get you people into jail
somewhere", but I just left that part off. I think if they get inundated
with people pretending to be stupid, like me, they might actually
eventually shut down.
Benson

> >This is a 100cam, PLEASE, do not allow yourself to get
> >sucked in by this, the SPAM/Scam is in relation to :-
> >
> >THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS,
> >WERKEN BIJ DE LOTTO.
> Yeah, already got it.  Amazingly, it's simply a variation on the African
> overbilling scam, but I guess the other one's just not working well enough
> anymore, and the perps have decided to move the "location" to something
> more European (and therefore, supposedly, "safer.").  Amusingly, they're
> using the "$22,500,000.00 U.S." sum elsewhere in this e-mail, which is the
> same amount that keeps cropping up in the African scams.

********************************
Words are the bridge from wish to reality, they possess the power
to turn thin air into great cities. But be careful, for that bridge can
be traversed in both directions and rather than help build a great city,
they can destroy a beautiful dream.
Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business