RE: [OM] Some very interesting stats....../Digital transition

Subject: RE: [OM] Some very interesting stats....../Digital transition
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:52:44 -0700
I actually rented a D100 for a day. Wow!!!!! I am still concerned about CCD dust though. It takes amazing pics. But for $3200 Canadian, I am going to wait. I can't wait for Oly either. To be quite honest, I shoot mainly in the 28-105 (odd 200mm)range. So I am hoping that an E-30 will be there with some improvements.

Olympus is strange though. If you check dpreview.com, there seems to be "pre-announcements" from the respective mfgrs. every day; except Olympus of course. I hope this means that they have some good stuff up their sleeves.

-Bill

The article in Pop Photo said something about the delicacy of the operation to clean the CCD and that it required an AC power supply. I am not sure what they meant unless it is some sort of blower/vacuum cleaner.

On their web site under digital photography apple.com has articles on three pros who have made the transition from film to digital. On Macintosh computers of course. I was not surprised about the news photographer, but I was surprised by the two portrait photographers, including Greg Gorman who is a famous celebrity photographer with a number of books to his credit.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California