RE: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:00:35 -0700 (PDT)
http://yarchive.net/air/airliners/shock_waves.html

That is EXACTLY what I saw.  Thanks for that link.

As far as sonic booms are concerned... I grew up on along the
Lake Michigan shoreline and the Air National Guard, Navy and the
USAF guys from various Great Lakes region bases all used to do
manouvers over Lake Michigan. Wasn't a week that went by that we
weren't subjected to a sonic boom or two.  Warm fronts always
yielded the LOUDEST booms. (sound waves turn towards cooler air
masses).

Course, the other "booms" we had in our area were the localized
earthquakes caused by caverns callapsing.  There were a huge
number of brine wells in the area.

AG-Schnozz