Re: [OM] "A real camera"

Subject: Re: [OM] "A real camera"
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:30:24 -0700
>Thinking of all the crazy things I
hear when I'm out and about with my crown graphic....<

On the opposite end of the scale, I have gotten some really intereting
questions when out shooting with my Retina 117.  As it is quite archaic in
appearence and function,it elicits comments ranging from bemused curiosity
to nostalgic rememberance.

I often get asked if it still works.  (No!  I just carry it as a fashion
statement.)  How old is it?  And finally, as God is my witness, I got asked
if it was digital.  I said, NO,  it used wet plates.  The questioner looked
perplexed and moved on.

I am thinking of going out carrying it on a strap around my neck while
simultaneously carrying my E-20.  I wonder what I would hear then.

Dave Dougherty