Re: [OM] Merlins & Griffons Update

Subject: Re: [OM] Merlins & Griffons Update
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:04:17 -0500
Rich,

Sounds exciting, and like you got your foot in there at just the right time. And a single guided tour!

Wow, a Chinook helo powerplant (TrendWest)? Now that sounds interesting!

Pity you are stretched for film at the moment, but sometimes you gotta do with what you gotta at the time. Sounds like it'd be worth your while trying to rustle up some good 100 for Lake Chelan though. I haven't used 400 in a long time, but from what some say it is alot better than it once was, and well suited to fast action, long lenses and poor light if things get cloudy and very dull. I like the idea of two bodies with two films - and as for lenses, I would juat take a good spread to cover all the bases.

Just looking at some of the museum pictures on that URL - and that motor (BARDAHL)! I am just trying to think of a way to stuff it in my Ford ;)

And it is noteworthy how many current "professional" sports started out in similar ways (RE: ".....The modern racing fleet has become a professional business, which is a step it had to take. Our role is to remind fans why they first fell in love with the sport," said [Dave] Williams.......").

Looking forward to seeing some photos. Keep us posted!

Cheers,
Lee