Re: [OM] more on film

Subject: Re: [OM] more on film
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 00:05:33 -0700
In <001001c25c2b$e83f3200$9387d940@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 09/14/02 at 03:18 PM,
   "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

I haven't tried Agfa in a few years, and probably should again. I used
to use the old CT18 process 64 speed a lot, much better that the E4
Kodak films.

Anyone know whether Agfa will still process CT18 -- or would they just
fall helpless with laughter? I discovered a cache of it buried deep in a
freezer last week. I'm trying to decide whether to try to use it, or
declare it missing in action.

les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

I would guess that you are out of luck. With my last few rolls many years ago, the Paramus, New Jersey mailer address forwarded it to West Germany for processing. It was not long after that the E6 process films were introduced.

I really don't think you would want to do it though. Film has come a long way since then. Why not use a modern film worthy of your modern efforts? But you could contact Agfa to see. They have their labs in the US for the special processing of their B&W positive film. Maybe they do other stuff too.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California