[OM] Re: ( OM ) Was megapixel madness

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Was megapixel madness
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:27:17 +1200
Winsor Crosby wrote:, forwarded by Moose

> It is well known that 35mm lenses are sharper than medium format and
> large format lenses.

Hi folks; not necessarily true.  The Zeiss Sonnar 250mm SuperAchromat CFi
lens for Hasslefree is reputed to be the sharpest lens in current production;
capable of delivering 600 (I think it is, should look it up) lines per (
mm/inch I
need to look up again). This topic came up about 9 months ago when we
talked over the maximum detail that film could record.  Whether it is lines per
mm or inch, it is still away better than any lens most people have. And it
should be possible to fit it to an OM body.

Used to be
http://www.hasselblad.com/products/lenses/lens_cf/cf250sa/index.html
now gone

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/level2lenses.asp?secId=245

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/level3.asp?secId=279&itemId=257

I have a copy of the former larger (and better) image of the lens than the site
now has.)

Brian