[OM] part 3 and wedding coming up

Subject: [OM] part 3 and wedding coming up
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I mentioned in the last post about some damage to the
camera equipment while on my backpacking trip.  I'm still
assessing, but...

The viewfinder glass on the OM-4 broke.  Just the outer most
layer--the one you have to clean once in a while.  It's
currently about 3/4 of it's proper length and slides around a
bit.  Nothing major, but it does add an interesting element to
composing a picture.

The monopod gained a few scratches and both it and the tripod
must be broken down, cleaned and lubed.  A dousing rainstorm did
a good job of eliminating any grease left in the couplings.

I had taken a bunch of batteries with me, but ended up replacing
them ONLY in the XA.  Imagine that, my battery eating OM-2S and
the OM-4 were just fine, but I had to replace them in the XA.
Life is sweet.

My right knee is still hurting a bit. I had twisted my ankle
pretty bad on day one and it pulled something up in my knee.
I'll ice it up the next couple of nights to see if that helps.
Looks like I lost about 10 pounds on the trip.  Not bad!

Frustrations--I've been tied up ever since getting back from the
trip. I want, so desparately, to process some film, but I
haven't had a chance yet. Even tonight I'm out of town.

Wedding coming up Saturday.  Worked till midnight getting the
camera equipment ready for that.  Probably should start thawing
the film before too long.  Oh, and charge the batteries...

--Primary rig:  OM-4, Vivitar flash, radio trigger, winder-1,
50/3.5, Portra 160VC, Stroboframe.
--Secondary rig: IS-3/G40 flash, Portra 400VC.
--Spare/BW rig: OM-2S, 35/2.8, Delta 400, KMart flash with
reflector.
--Primary lenses (the extra stays in my jacket pocket when not
on a camera):  50/3.5, 35/2.8, 100/2.8.
--Spare lenses which may stay in the "go-bag": 24/2.8, 135/3.5,
200/4
--Monopod
--Studio Flash, radio release, lightstand, umbrella, flash-meter

As always with me, all critical shots are taken with two
cameras. Always be prepared for a destroyed roll of film.  I'm
not going to do any on-camera special effects but will do any of
that post-production.  Nearly all exposures will be manual.

AG-Schnozz