Re: [OM] ( OM ) Re: Samyang 18-28/4-4.5 wide angle zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Re: Samyang 18-28/4-4.5 wide angle zoom
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:34:23 -0700
I was sure you had already posted tests of both the Samyang 18-28 and the Vivitar/Phoenix 19-35 on your site. I clearly recall being happy that the issue was finally resolved. Now I can't even find any of the tests you posted.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

Hi Henry, JIm & all,

A few months ago I purchased one of these Samyang 18-28/4-4.5 wide angle zooms, and there was quite a lot of discussion about the relative merits of this one and another - and I can't for the life of me remember which other lens it is..

A quick scan through my saved mail reveals it could be the Cosina/ Vivitar/ Phoenix 19-35, which apparently tested better. I suspect I do have a test for it but haven't got around to making a page for the test.

But I did put a test of the Samyang up on the internet in the URL below, and you will see that to get the best out of this lens you need to shoot at f/8 or f/11.

<http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/>