Re: [OM] What have I Taken On??

Subject: Re: [OM] What have I Taken On??
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:06:59 -0400
Josh,
You'll get plenty of opinions, but I'll off mine anyway. For all 3, I'd
suggest 160NC and for the same reasons. You want neutral, unemphasized
colors and a film with good latitude capable of offering shadow details. The
grand piano will need that, as will the dog, if it's black. I've used the VC
and really don't think the difference is all that dramatic. At that, I
didn't notice a shift in color balance, just a bit more saturation.

I can't comment on the Metz units, but I'll be looking forward to the
results are far more pleasing than a bare flash in portraiture. If you're
using a TTL capable flash, you can rely on that, but a flash meter is even
better.

Good Luck!
-Mickey