[OM] OT:colors

Subject: [OM] OT:colors
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:16:25 -0500
"The big bugbear was the dyes in some fabrics."

This was a big thing in the seventies. Wedding photographers were having
trouble with clothing of one color reproducing as an entirely different,
unrelated color. It was during the times of that regrettable polyester
clothing. It seems the dyes used somehow flouressed or something, especially
with strobe, and the emulsions saw all these unpleasant colors. I don't know
if Kodak's R&D on films solved things, or if it was just a welcome change in
fashion, but such things are quite uncommon now. The clothing, fabrics,
dyes, and sometimes wearers, were certainly never things found in nature!

My somewhat musty memory has been jogged by another post. The series of
tulip photos I did this spring were largely on Astia or Sensia, to good
result. I will, however, admit to goosing things up a bit for the summer
exchange photo.

Bill Pearce, who never records data except when testing camera/film/lens,
and doesn't feel a bit guilty!