[OM] Jumping Into the Pool Head First

Subject: [OM] Jumping Into the Pool Head First
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:40:58 EDT
O.K., thanks for the nice comments, guys.  You've emboldened me to add four
more photos to the folder.

The two pics of the whitetails are just to show that you CAN handhold the
300mm f/4.5 and get decent pics, although the first one, of the doe jumping,
just might very well be a miracle shot.  I could have gotten closer, I think,
by taking a walk while directing my attention away from them, but I was
already half way down a private driveway as it was, and they were darn spooky
already.

My own observation:  all the scans seem slightly blurry, out of focus.  The
scans were made from 4 X 6 prints (made from slides of Provia 100F) which
look pretty decent.  Something has been lost between the prints and
photo.net.

So my main question at this point is, what do you guys think is the main
problem here?  Scanner (Epson Perfection 1200U)?  Scanning too small a print?
 Resolution?  I used 133dpi  for 600 X 800 monitors.  Should I have scanned
at 300dpi and reduced it somehow?  Saved them as .jpg files -- could that be
it?  There is SO much to learn here.

So much fun, so little time...

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=234534

Rich