Re: [OM] ( OM ) Not really OM - but digital -> 35mmm slides

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Not really OM - but digital -> 35mmm slides
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:39:33 -0700
Hi folk,

I have a friend of many years' standing with whom I used to share a flat in
New Zealand in the 1970s, and who works for the USDAFS in the WV / MD
area. He spends a lot of time talking to classes and projecting slides. Now
he's thinking of digital. My first question was "Why?".

-snip

Brian

My question too. 3 cameras in 10 years. Whew!  I assume the cameras
are of the wonderbrick variety.  If longevity is a concern, it does
not seem that digital will be an improvement. To problematic
electronics will be added the need for technological replacement.
Those of us not using outmoded cameras will have to adjust to the
idea that cameras as we know them are gone.  They have become just
another computer peripheral with an equivalent life span.  Three
years is about right.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California