[OM] XAs and Ansel Adams at 100

Subject: [OM] XAs and Ansel Adams at 100
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:52:27 +0100
I'm glad that there was a happy ending Rich!

I agree with you about the XA.  I carry it in my small bag with my
OM1 (mono film) and use it for photos that I really must have, but
for which I don't have time to change lenses etc... also I don't
write notes on each photo with the XA.  And I'm always happy with the
quality.

For instance, I went to London today and used my OM1 with 35/2 and
50-250 for TOPE 11 shots.  I used the XA for the colour shots that I
wanted.

Oh, by the way, I saw the Ansel Adams exhibition at the Hayward
Gallery on the South Bank and it was (as my wife said) like meeting
old friends.  Except that the photos of the Yosemite Valley with the
thunderstorms were wonderful close-up.  The depth in the print was
tremendous, from the foreground trees to the cloud and snow in the
background.  I also enjoyed seeing the photos of Adams as a younger
man, particularly the one of him on the High Sierra in profile.

Chris