Re: [OM] seeking Infra-red advice

Subject: Re: [OM] seeking Infra-red advice
From: Josh Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:44:07 -0700
bsandyman@xxxxxxx writes:

>I have become curious about infra-red photography and
>was wondering if anyone had experience using infra-red
>with an OM2n.
>
>I read on a FAQ somewhere that some bodies where thought
>to not be as opaque to infra-red light as others.
>Notably these are the new plastic bodies rather then the
>metal.
>
>Still I thought I would ask if anyone had specific
>experience.

I've shot HIE, Konica, and Maco IR in my OM-1, 2n, and 4T.

The only problems I had were with the dimpled pressure plates,
which can focus the deeper IR and make a pattern of hot spots on
the negative.  I just covered the pressure plate with backing
paper from 120 and it works perfectly.

You can see a lot of my IR on my web site, almost all of it shot
with OM bodies except the medium format stuff.

http://www.phred.org/~josh

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
Putnam Financial Services