Re: [OM] compressed?? camera

Subject: Re: [OM] compressed?? camera
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:28:47 -0500
At 07:47 8/24/02, you wrote:
Wow, I've never seen _this_ version of the RC!  I've _got_ to have one
for my collection!  Why, I'll bid whatever it takes to have it!!

:^)

(OK, OK, it's our first auction, cut me some slack!  ;^)

Clint,
Be imaginative; you can do better than that!

Try this:

"It is an exceptionally rare early prototype made at Olympus Secret Wyoming Factory. After they were done with the prototyping phase of developing this model, the factory attempted to crush it in the usual manner with sledge hammers. To their amazement, it survived and still functioned perfectly, a testament to its durability and robust design. Further attempts to destroy it with a car crusher at a nearby scrap metal yard and even having Koko sit on it while using an OM-2 to make self portraits failed.

The chief engineer of their prototyping team had always been ambivalent about which exact focal length worked best for his personal photographs. After the "car crusher" and other attempts to destroy it failed, he found he now had a prime lens with varying angle of view depending on how its lens oriented (an anamorphic style lens). He kept the camera, sneaked it out of the Secret Wyoming Factory and used it as a personal camera for 20+ years.

The entire story behind this marvelous, one-of-a-kind camera is now only coming to light with its discovery. The statute of limitations for the chief prototyping engineer's theft has just run out and its existence can now be made public without fear of prosecution."

:-)))

-- John