Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:46:52 -0400
Well, they could:
        - show the infrared (by removing the filter), or
        - lengthen the exposure time for viewing (at the cost of blurring), or
        - have a button, "Intensify," which would skew local contrast to show
silhouettes or outlines for framing purposes.

tOM

On Monday, August 26, 2002 at 18:45, Jay Maynard
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?" saying:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 07:37:38PM -0400, Tom Trottier wrote:
> > I think designers would be wise to ditch the reflex in favour of a
> > small digital screen at least 1024x768 with an eyepiece and digital
> > zoom in for focus checks.
>
> The problem with this approach is in low light: a picture that could be
> successfully made with flash cannot be successfully composed, because the
> image on the screen is too dark. (If it weren't, you wouldn't need flash.)

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714