Re: [OM] Beattie screens, was Dioptic adjustment

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie screens, was Dioptic adjustment
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:06:39 -0700
All single digit OM bodies starting with the 2Sp can use the Beattie screens without any effect on any part of the exposure system(s). The Oly 2-13 screen is about the same brightness as the Beatties. The split image is horizontal and it has a microprism collar. The Beatties perform less well with very wide angle lenses (corner darkening) than the Oly 2 series screens. So, esp. if you use superwides much, you might be better off with the Oly screen. I have the 2-4 (all matte) and an all matte Beattie on 2 of my bodies and have noticed no other performance differences myself.

Moose

IanG wrote:

Firstly my thanks to those who replied to my original question.

Brian hit the nail on the head, I've been using a plain matte screen for
years and had forgotten all about split image screens <doh!>

So a new screen. I'm tempted on the Beattie diagonal split image screen. Has
anybody used this and is there any advantage over a standard olympus screen?
Does the brighter screen affect metering in manual mode - I'd expect the OTF
metering in auto to sort itself out but will the display show a faster
shutter speed because of the brighter screen?