RE: [OM] Beattie screens, was Dioptic adjustment

Subject: RE: [OM] Beattie screens, was Dioptic adjustment
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:47:06 -0700
Firstly my thanks to those who replied to my original question.

Brian hit the nail on the head, I've been using a plain matte screen for
years and had forgotten all about split image screens <doh!>

So a new screen. I'm tempted on the Beattie diagonal split image screen. Has
anybody used this and is there any advantage over a standard olympus screen?
Does the brighter screen affect metering in manual mode - I'd expect the OTF
metering in auto to sort itself out but will the display show a faster
shutter speed because of the brighter screen?

Regards
Ian