[OM] Re: OM calendar work

Subject: [OM] Re: OM calendar work
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:04:34 -0400
>From: Walt Wayman
>Don't forget the Tamron's part here.  I love my 300/2.8.  At the risk of
>incurring the wrath of some of the more seriously addicted, I think it's
>as good as any Zuiko I own, and better than some.  And that covers
>more than a few Zuikos!

No disagreement here.  For railroad photography, it's VERY hard to beat the
green Tamron 300/2.8.  The only lenses in our stable that are "better" are
the Zuiko 250/2 and the Tamron 400/4.  The Zuiko is too expensive to take
on airplane rides and the 400 is often too long, so the 300 sees most of
the use.

Other lenses we use that  are "equal" to the Tamron 300 in quality are the
Zuiko 100/2, the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 and the Tamron 180/2.5.  The Zuiko wide
stuff is great, too, but not of much use in railroad photography.  The 35
shift is handy at times, though.

Steve Troy