[OM] more mosquitos

Subject: [OM] more mosquitos
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:41:12 -0500
The best way to avoid mosquitos is to have me along, as to a mosquito, I'm
gourmet food.

Several years ago, my wife took an African safari. This was one of the most
basic kind, where the bathroom was a hole in the ground, and lions sniffed
at tents in the night. There, West Nile was the least dangerous insect borne
illness. Serious steps were in order.

They used 100 0EET. It was applied to clothing only, but it was effective,
even while wearing shorts. Everyone was thoroughly cautioned to not put the
stuff on their skin.

Although no one got malaria, I suspect the gin/tonic intake was partly
responsible.

Bill Pearce