RE: [OM] Hiking Advice -- silk underwear

Subject: RE: [OM] Hiking Advice -- silk underwear
From: Charles Sdunek <csdunek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:05:43 -0400
Don't feel too ashamed. When I was in the army, there were quite a few burly infantrymen who swiped their wives nylons to wear under their regular socks to minimize blistering. It is my understanding that some even wore pantyhose on the long roadmarches to reduce friction and chafing.

While I have worn the nylon stockings to protect my feet, I found a pair of spandex shorts worked just fine to minimize chafing further up.

Charles

At 08:01 AM 8/26/02, you wrote:
Rich wrote:

> I've seen it... and read about the advantages, but... I dunno if
> I'm ready...
> to be seen buying silk underwear, let alone having my
> brothers-in-law find
> out I'm actually WEARING silk underwear!

See if you can borrow your wife's just to get the feel of it - you might
like it !

...Wayne