Re: Re: [OM] Help! How do I shoot a wedding?

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Help! How do I shoot a wedding?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:56:52 -0400
Sam,
You may recall that not very long ago, John Lind wrote of his horror-wedding
experience when coming to the aid of a friend. I know that with this fresh
in my mind, and my own experience, I found it humorous to see the the many
comments advising a rapid exit to stage right. I think the group was just
ripe for the outburst. Wedding photography is very hard and demanding work.
Most people who ask a 'camera nut' friend to take the photos have no idea
what they're asking. Sadly, neither do many newbie photographers. I think
Ben Russell (not a newbie) got a lot of good advice exclusive of the emails
poking fun. I'm sure he was able to approach the wedding chore with the
right frame of mind, a better informed outlook and a thoughtful selection of
tools.

In my opinion, Ben got what he asked for in spades, and the group as a whole
got to embrace why we're here: to advance our photography skills and
knowledge, and to have fun. I think we did a fine job, and I hope that Ben's
adventure tomorrow is just as fine.

Mickey