Re: [OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4, again + Voigtlaender lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4, again + Voigtlaender lenses
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:34:01 EDT
Cc: thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 8/20/2002 5:59:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Shooting some roles of film with it, I noticed a quite remarkable
> vibration (much stronger and lowder than with my newer OM4Ti) which
> probably comes from the mirror. I was wondering whether there is some
> mirror dampening device in these cameras which can wear out. Anybody
> knows? Anything which should or could be done?

Thomas,

I'm pretty sure all the single-digit OM's (1,2,3, and 4) have air dampers in
the mirror mechanism. I believe that over time these can wear out. I'm not
sure what the resolution is, short of replacing them. John H. or Clint should
know.

Paul Schings