[OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4, again + Voigtlaender lenses

Subject: [OM] mirror swing dampening in OM4, again + Voigtlaender lenses
From: Thomas Müller <thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:54:42 +0200
Dear all,

since it did not gain any attention the first time, I just post it again:

I recently purchased a OM4 and had it cleaned and adjusted by the
OM-doktor (he did a nice job for a moderate price).

Shooting some roles of film with it, I noticed a quite remarkable
vibration (much stronger and lowder than with my newer OM4Ti) which
probably comes from the mirror. I was wondering whether there is some
mirror dampening device in these cameras which can wear out. Anybody
knows? Anything which should or could be done?

Since there was the discussion about Voigtlaender lenses in OM mount
recently, here is the webpage address of a mailorder company in
Germany which has these lenses listed:

http://www.fotobrenner.de/

They have the Voigtländer Color Heliar 2,0/40mm SL f. Olympus OM for
499,00 Euro (Cat.No. 660515).

Thanks, Thomas