Re: [OM] Your third favorite lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Your third favorite lens
From: Charles Sdunek <csdunek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:37:17 -0400
At 05:32 PM 8/18/02, you wrote:
The two lenses I could not do without are a 50mm and 28mm.
Not ever having owned a lens wider than 28mm, maybe I don't
know what I'm missing.  I don't use my 100mm very much, but
I also wonder if I will erupt into a spontaneous Eureka! if
I acquire a 85mm.  So, the question of the day is, what is
your third favorite lens, and why?  I'd think that many list
members use a 50/28 or 35/24 as their primary lenses, but
maybe I'm wrong.  Getting an extra f-stop from a 100/2.8 to
85/2.0 might make me use the mild telephoto more.  From now
on, I'm buying only 2.0 lenses.

Pete

My third favorite lens is the 50 mm... this of course following the first two, the 85/2 and 35/2. I have not decided which of these is first and second, but they definitely hold the first two positions.

Charles