Re: [OM] Why an eyecup?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why an eyecup?
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:46:28 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 3:52 PM

>> I do
>> not use my glasses when I am using my OMs, owing to the correction
>> lens installed in the OM1's eyecup 1, and the built-in correction of
>> the OM4/Ti.  I use glasses only when using my XA or Bronica RF645.
>>
>> Chris
>
> If I didn't wear my glasses, I couldn't find my camera. :-)
> Wayne

The problem that I have with wearing glasses is that I cannot see the entire
frame in the viewfinder, and this led to too many of my pictures being
poorly composed -- that portrait that was supposed to be in the centre was
displaced to one side, or ugly unwanted stuff appeared in the landscape on
one side with part of the interesting bit missing on the other.  That is why
I use the dioptric correction lens instead of glasses, on both my OM2 and
OM4Ti (the built-in correction in the OM4Ti is insufficient for my needs).

As it happens, I do not use the rubber eyecup on either the Eyecup 1 (on the
OM2) or the Eyecup 2 (on the OM4Ti).  Note: although the rubber eyecup on
the Eyecup 2 can be removed, it cannot be replaced (since it was never
designed to be removed!).

-- from Cy in the UK