RE: [OM] .......window.....

Subject: RE: [OM] .......window.....
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:02:24 +0200
Hi,

> Olympus put windows in some of the consumer models like the OM PC. Of
course, then you really have to
> worry about foam condition.

...which _is_ an issue, as I found out myself. In my case, the foam didn't
rot, but what happened was that in a hot part of Venezuela, the glue that
hold the foam in place melted, causing the foam to shift, stick to the roll
of film, and finally, partially disappear into the roll of film! :(
Needless to say, a lot of the pictures on that roll got nackered by that,
and it left the OM-40 with a huge light leak. I "fixed" it by completely
taping over the window.

Also, I must say that I cannot remember having really needed the film
window, there's not a lot of added value it provides, IMO.

Cheers!
Olafo