Re: [OM] Starting the packing process

Subject: Re: [OM] Starting the packing process
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
>Personally I would go 35mm and 100mm. And I would sharpen my
>knife too ;)

I reread my post and noticed that I mentioned the sharing a tent
and sharpening my knife in the same breath.  It was meant as two
completely separate thoughts. Oh well.

I can see that the general concensus is to leave the 200/4 at
home.  I did get an offer of a loaner 200/5, but I think that
I'll pass on it, as I'm not entirely convinced that it's that
much of a burden--YET.

If I had a quality multiplier that fit (Vert and Toky have
passed on) I'd possibly consider it, but I've never really been
one for multipliers.

The boots will get an aggresive work-out prior to the journey,
but if I encounter any problems, I've already broken in my
trail-runners and I have my old boots.  The trail shoes are
wonderful, just wet and offer less foot protection.  I may bring
them along for no-pack "sprints".

Film choice and camera choice pretty much dictates two bodies.
I trust my OM-2S, but I'm not stupid.  Two bodies (plus HP5 in
the XA) will be necessary.  I'm definitely shooting both slide
film (Provia-F) and B&W (either Pan-F or Delta).

The lens choices are still up-in-the-air, but I will take both
the 24/2.8 and the 35/2.8 as the 24 won't take filters. The
50/3.5 is still crying out to me, but the 135/3.5 has been
silenced.  The 100/2.8 is a given, but the 200/4 hasn't secured
its seat.  At the moment, I'm leaning towards the 24, 35 and
100.

Not sure why I'm agonizing.  My Zuikos are all pretty light and
compact.  My entire kit is still smaller and lighter weight than
a Nikon with a couple of lenses.

AG-Schnozz