Re: [OM] Camera like digitals

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera like digitals
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:58:26 -0700
In a message dated 8/6/2002 Winsor Crosby writes:

<< Has anyone used the N***n CoolPix 5000? I looked at one in my local
electronics store and it seems to have enough manual controls to
actually be useful without standing around and operating computer
menu screens. Hard to tell without some extended use. Is this a sign
that at least some digital camera makers are realizing that the
mechanical camera paradigm has some ergonomic utility? Hope Oly
includes that as a design consideration in the new system. >>

I haven't tried any of the Nik*n digitals, but in reading some reviews the
new CoolPix 5700 looks like it may be a very good alternative to an E-10/20.
That said, the E-10/20 is very well thought out for manual control over
digital photography. I find the E-10 to be very intuitive and easy to work
with, but it did take a while to learn some of the quirks.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com