Re: [OM] Olydak

Subject: Re: [OM] Olydak
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:46:05 -0700
on 8/6/02 10:59 AM, Winsor Crosby at wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-08-04.shtml

 I actually find this linking of Olympus and Kodak rather disquieting.
 The Kodak name has been synonymous with cheap, execrable quality,
 disposable photo toys for 50 years. The name on any camera of any
 quality at all has meant the kiss of death in the market.  Poor Oly.
 I hope it is around in 5 years.
 --
 Winsor Crosby
 Long Beach, California

 ?

Kodak has always sold cameras to promote the use of film, and not all of
them have been cheap or mediocre. Kodak Retina cameras were very well made,
with good optics and quality construction, and not cheap then or now... they
made a lot of crappy Brownies and Instamatics, but the Kodak name also went
on some very good cameras.

Like I said, in the last half century.  If I am not mistaken, the
decent Retinas were made in West Germany and had Schneidar lenses.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?