RE: [OM] OT Camera like digitals

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Camera like digitals
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:26:06 -0400
>From what I can read/lurk, the Coolpix 5000 was rushed into production too
fast and wasn't very well received.  Nikon tried to copy many of the Canon
G2's features (swing-out LCD, etc.) while moving to a different form-factor
than their successful 900/990/995 series.  I have heard of some people who
really like it, but far more who have had problems.

It appears that Nikon's newest offering, the 5700 is what the 5000 should
have been, 4x zoom, 28mm on the low end, form-factor much like the Olympus
IS series or E20, but with a fold-out, twistable screen (which I think is
the best feature of my G2).

My Canon is pretty user friendly for manual too.  I find it very quick to
set the camera just as I want.  But it's still an enhanced P&S digital, and
has lots of limitations.

Skip