Re: [OM] confusion about 50/2

Subject: Re: [OM] confusion about 50/2
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
The 50/2 wide open is noticeably softer at infinity
mainly because at f5.6-f11 this lens is bleeding edge
sharp whereas at f2 it just isn't as sharp (it is
still pretty sharp wide open just that at f8 this lens
is by far the sharpest lens I have bar none). And, at
1:2 and greater magnification I think f2 is sharper
than f16, the lens performs very well in it's macro
role across the board and even at 8x10 I can't really
tell a difference between f-stops except f16 which
doesn't perform so well.

I've never used Leica so I can't comment all I can say
is the 50/2 is my favorite and most used lens it takes
great photos, is fast, and extremely versatile.

Mark Lloyd