Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 00:16:16 -0500
Heliopan use Schott glass for their filters.

On this page appears some data in graph form. Someone knowledgeable could perhaps shed light on the significance of the wavelengths below 430nm....
http://www.heliopan.com/helio1.htm

Team-Foto on the 'bay thing had my 55mm linear polarizer multicoat version delivered UPS inside 4 weeks for $47(+) including UPS shipping. I have not shot any film through it, but it oozes quality in appearence and feel. When viewed to reflect it reflects a sort of greenish image. Index numbers 1 to 20 span half the rim circumference and is further marked "Pol lin MC 2.5x".

I would agree that often no filter is better than any filter. But for the times when I want one, these are the ones I am going to invest in from now on.

Cheers
Lee