Re: [OM] Seems pricey...

Subject: Re: [OM] Seems pricey...
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:39:30 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Wood" <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:57 PM

>I don't know about list price, but I paid £221 (pounds sterling) for a new
>OM-2 chrome body in 1979.

I paid 249 UK pounds for a new OM2 chrome body in July 1976.  I believe that
I got one from the very first batch that was imported into the UK.  I bought
it by chance -- I happened to be in a camera shop in London and I overheard
one of the assistants telling a customer on the phone that the OM2 ordered
by the customer was now in stock; so I asked if they had any more!  As the
OM2 was new and rare, I probably paid more than the eventual street price
when supply had become plentiful.

I had bought an OM1 in April 1975, but mandatory manual metering was not for
me, and I sold it after I got the OM2.  I still have that OM2 today.

-- from Cy in the UK