RE: [OM] Slide Film

Subject: RE: [OM] Slide Film
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:36:26 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Tonelli, Thomas A wrote:

> To be quite honest I did not hear about the discontinuation until a few days
> ago when I was preparing a film list for an upcoming trip to Crete, Greece.
> I was planning to shoot the ruins of the Palace of Knossos. The processing
> would be complete soon after my return in mid September. I have used K25 for
> similar subjects. I have also used it in low available light situations
> where it really excelled with my OM-4 and OM-2S. I still can't believe that
> this classic is being eliminated. I get the same feeling when HP announced
> they were doing away with RPN calculators. What will be next??

That Olympus stop manufacturing the OM series and accesories.
Ohh...wait...nevermind. :(

I never understood why Kodak did not release K25 in 120 format. They would
have deprecated pretty much everything else, including a large number of
LF cameras (at least, if the large format is used due to the need for
making large magnifications).

Ohh...about HP and rpn's. I think they still manufacture them, no? It's
just R&D that is stalled for newer models. I find it ok, since it is damm
hard to beat that 15c for a pocket calculator and the 48Gx for graphs...

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx