[OM] Affordable prints - was long idiot rant

Subject: [OM] Affordable prints - was long idiot rant
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:39:53 -0500
Locally at Helix, they have a Kodak digital machine that will crank out
8 wallets on an 8x10 (approx.) page for around $5-6.  not a bad deal,
and the quality is good.

At the major holidays I usually donate my time and equipment to my
parish for family photos.  I shoot them on a YashicaMat, and get these
low cost digital prints.  Everyone is floored by the quality (better
than the regular studios, I guess) and the price.  I give the prints to
them just above cost.  It usually breaks down like this:

$5.00 Sitting fee (film, processing and 4x5 proofs)
$7.00 8x10 prints
$3.50 5x7 print
$7.00 8 wallets

If I could, I would send them off to a lab (unfortunately none local) to
get prints from the Fuji Frontier.  Absolutely stunning results, and
well worth it if you have multiples.  Check out colorreflections.com for
prices.  Good turn around, and reliable service.  They also do Scala
processing.

Bob