Re: [OM] Compare and critique please( Semi long Idiot Rant)

Subject: Re: [OM] Compare and critique please( Semi long Idiot Rant)
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 08:50:02 -0700
"Semi long Idiot Rant" snipped...

Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing the story Mike. You were mighty generous
with this guy loaning him your lens and offering advice. To think that with
some basic photography classes, ownership of a lens like the one you loaned
him, and a flash such as a Vivitar 285 he quite likely would be getting
better results than with the $13k worth of wunderbrick gear he has now. Lack
of knowledge and understanding is a dangerous thing. One thing I always keep
in mind is to never stop learning, and this list not only is a source of
great knowledge, but one of inspiration as well.

Go get 'em Daryl! BTW, for low cost print sales (and $7-10 for an 8x10 is
too cheap BTW) use digital files (from scans or a digital camera) and find a
local place with a Fuji Frontier printer. My friend who shoots the local
speedways around here (she and her husband work several tracks) works for a
local lab, and it helps a lot. But for the out of town events (they work
tracks as far as 200 miles away) they worked out deals with local stores,
Ritz mostly believe it or not, to get them rush processing and printing. I
think if you keep after the Media Director, like Mike said, you'll quite
likely have the job eventually. From what I can tell, you deserve it.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com