Re: [OM] Digital Probem?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Probem?
From: Tal Lancaster <talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:13:06 -0700
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:33:29 -0700
Martin G Flink <mgflink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Trying to understand the digital revolution I picked up an Olympus
> Camedia D-100 digital camera...It is 1.3 megapixel and is a basic
> point and shoot about the same size as the Stylus...The first thing I
> noticed is how quickly it drained two Duracell alkaline batteries...In
> fact the batteries heated up to the point that it could be felt
> through the case...I've just put in 1800 mAh capacity nickel metal
> hydride batteries, which warm up but not like the alkaline...I this
> common or does the camera have a short?...I can't believe how quickly
> the batteries are drained...I know I will never reach the comfort zone
> that I have with my OM1 or any other single digit OM with
> digital....Marty

Yeah, that is why I went with a G2.  It uses the same batteries as
camcorders.  I can get of a several hundered shots (even with the LCD screen
on and using the flash), before I need to worry about changing
batteries.

It couldn't ever replace my film OM as my primary camera.  But it does
have its uses such as more casual picture taking like at family
gatherings or the occasional pre-vis work before taking out film camera.

Tal
--
Tal Lancaster
talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx