[OM] Digital Probem?

Subject: [OM] Digital Probem?
From: "Martin G Flink" <mgflink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:33:29 -0700
Trying to understand the digital revolution I picked up an Olympus Camedia
D-100 digital camera...It is 1.3 megapixel and is a basic point and shoot about
the same size as the Stylus...The first thing I noticed is how quickly it
drained two Duracell alkaline batteries...In fact the batteries heated up to
the point that it could be felt through the case...I've just put in 1800 mAh
capacity nickel metal hydride batteries, which warm up but not like the
alkaline...I this common or does the camera have a short?...I can't believe how
quickly the batteries are drained...I know I will never reach the comfort zone
that I have with my OM1 or any other single digit OM with digital....Marty