Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Speaking of old timers (was: Need half frame help)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:06:10 -0700
On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:24, GeoW <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Man I miss Doris Fang, George Anderson, Dirk Wright, Chris O'Neil
and others that I unintentionally ommited. Good to see Gary R.
back even though not as regular as he once was. The Oben thing
cost us a lot of good people.

That's quite a list of old timers, I'm surprise people still
remember all those names, I thought memory is the first to go
when you get up in age :-).

I just looked at my OM save list. I think Gary Reese was saved more than anyone. Richard Schaetzl's intelligence, saved almost as much, is sorely missed. Lee Hawkins is right up there. John Hermanson's bits of wisdom have been very worth saving. And though there are not many, Doris Fang's are there too.

Anyway, whatever happened to Lee Hawkins, the keeper of the
Olympus FAQ?  I still refer to the FAQ once in a while, but I
don't think it is being updated anymore (it was last updated
in October 2001).  Is Lee still on this list?  I know Michael
Covington (the other half of the FAQ keeper) is no longer
active on the Olympus side, though I still see him post to the
UseNet occasionally when the topic of Olympus cameras comes up.

I think Michael Covington is too busy being an astronomer.

I don't have time to read all the posts here anymore, sometimes
I just skip a whole week at a time.  I might have missed any
postings by Lee.
        -Dan
--
Winsor Crosby