Re: [OM] Need half frame help

Subject: Re: [OM] Need half frame help
From: GeoW <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:24:13 -0400
Bill,
Actually my wife has suggested the same thing as i'm retired and she still
works at
home three days a week. It seems that i have become a pest of sorts. Think she
wants me away from the house. I explained to her the teaching old dogs new
tricks
thing but she would have none of that. Sooooo, I spend a lot of time around and
about with one camera or another just killin time. Turned 50 day before
yesterday so
time killin is authorized. Spend a lot of time on ePay as many of you have
noticed.Meant to mention thet the Pen FV i bought BIN last week and received
yesterday has the seriel number "123456". Got a chuclke out of that. I've
rambled
enough. Think I better stick with having someone else process my film for now.

Man I miss Doris Fang, George Anderson, Dirk Wright, Chris O'Neil and others
that
I unintentionally ommited. Good to see Gary R. back even though not as regular
as
he once was. The Oben thing cost us a lot of good people.

Tom S is keeping a low profile and George S is going Cont*x. Doc down in
Daytona
bought a million $$$ worth of OM and is now selling to buy another million $$$
worth of Leica... Oh well.;

And some thought I was a lurker.

GeoW

> George,
>
> This could be a quiet plea on you part for "permission" to set up a
> B&W darkroom.
>
> I went to an auction on Thursday at Washington State University.  They
> had Omega D-2 4X5 enlargers for sale - $70.  A 50 mm Nikkor with lens
> board was $40, and the negative carriers were $5 each.  My "head" was
> saying "buy a scanner" but my heart was looking at the Omega.  I
> didn't buy the enlarger, but have regretted the decision ever since.
>
> I don't think "Plus-X in the basement" was the answer you were looking
> for - sorry!
>
> Bill Stanke
>
> GeoW wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gang,
> >
> > Have a growing interest in half frame but not a clue as to where to
> > have the film developed.
> >
> > Wonder if i just sent it off from Walmart or one of the drugstores
> > and noted on the envelope that it was half frame if they could
> > process it.
> >
> > I know a few have experience and would appreciate some hints. Would
> > need to be located in the US.
> >
> > Now, i'm going out with my Pen FV, a 12 exposure roll of Agfa and
> > return after 24 snaps :-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > GeoW

George Sears