Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1n

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1n
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:39:35 -0700
Aaron,

A T20 would be a good choice for the uses you have cited.

For the OM-1n you will need Shoe 4 to mount the flash on the camera.  I
would recommend that you not mount anything bigger than a T20 on Shoe
4.  After you have recovered financially from the OM/flash you might
want to consider the purchase of a Bounce Grip 2.  This will get the
flash off-camera, allow for swiveling and tilting, and give you faster
recycling time.  You can use a TTL Connector 4 and a TTL connector cord
to connect the bounce grip to the body, or use the built-in synch cord
to the PC terminal.  In any event, you will not have TTL flash
capability, so you will probably want to use the flash on "auto" and set
your aperture to match the calculator panel on the back of the flash
unit.

KEH currently has the T20 for $45 in "Excellent" condition.  If you are
patient you can get them for around $25.  The BG 2 is pretty expensive.
I think I paid $79 for mine.  The TTL connector 4 and Shoe 4 are in the
$25 neighborhood, and are becoming difficult to obtain.  Check a used
Shoe 4 for cracking, which is a common problem.

HTH,

Bill Stanke