Re: [OM] was Further thoughts on technology......new to photography here

Subject: Re: [OM] was Further thoughts on technology......new to photography here using old cameras?
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:56:19 -0400
Hey Eric:

I was given an OM-1 in 1985 by someone who had bought it new in '76 and
replaced it with an OM-2n.

I took some really terrible pictures with it in '85 and '86.   I went on a
trip with it, didn't pack it well and the 50/1.8 got dinged up to the point
it wouldn't move.   Short story: put it in a drawer and didn't re-discover
it until last year.  Now that I've found this list, B&H and evil-Bay, I'm in
love all over again and realize I don't have nearly enough money.  I've
added an OM-1n, OM-2n, T-32, 24/2.8, 55/1.2, 35/2 and 135/2.8 and numerous
filters to the stable.  Oh yeah, the photos that I make are getting better;
much to the credit of the others on this list from whom I've learned.

Jamie Costello
Fort Myers, FL